5 Implications of The Move To The Cloud

My music now comes largely from Spotify, my games from Steam or OnLive, my movies from NetFlix - Cloud services are taking over...

I cannot envisage a future other than where any entertainment form is available anywhere... games, music, video... in car, on my mobile (OnLive player for iOS anyone? Latest console games on my iPad?), on my profile, inside other games / virtual worlds / social media v2 lives

5 Implications of The Move To The Cloud:
1. Consoles: will eventually die out
2. Game shops: will go the way of Video shops (see Blockbuster now filing for bankruptcy... "Game" will follow in a few years)
3. Convergence: of Social Media with games/music/film. Web-plugins for OnLive - or whichever service supercedes it - make the next installation of Call Of Duty embedded into your Facebook page - with hooks into your friends & Social Media
4. Apple Pwn: Expect to see Apple finally crack the missing "serious games" component with a buy out of OnLive - or their own version sandwiched elegantly into a future release of iTunes / AppleTV
5. Creativity: I'd like to see more artistic combinations of all of these - certainly with my own passions for music and coding I shall be thinking about how these worlds can be used to create something that is more than just the sum of it's Geeky-Cool parts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing LAMP Apache/MySQL/PHP on Chromebook/Chromebox

Installing Ubuntu Linux on your ChromeBox/ChromeBook

Changing your Mac OSX Terminal's default text editor